Auditions will be held on Monday, May 2, 2016. Download the details.
Permanent Membership Openings:
Section Violins, violas, and double basses
Special Guest Openings (ALL Orchestral Instruments):
For our final concert of the season on April 25th, we will be performing Amériques, a masterpiece scored for a GIANT orchestra composed by Edgard Varèse. It will be a first ever performance of the piece here in Sacramento. We welcome musicians from all orchestral woodwinds, brass, percussion, strings and harps.
In order to become a member of the Camellia Symphony Orchestra, all applicants are required to audition. These auditions consist of about 8-10 minutes of playing, and will include the musician’s choice of the following:
Interested musicians should prepare no less than TWO contrasting musical selections that demonstrate both your technical and musical skill. You may choose your musical selections from any combination of the options below:
- One or two orchestral excerpts of your choice from the standard orchestral repertoire.
- One or more different sections of a concerto, sonata, or other solo piece of your choice. Please do not bring an accompanist.
- The works you choose must display technique, musicality, tone and musical understanding.
- You will also be asked to play one or more scales.
- In addition, there will be a short informal discussion of your experience, stability, and interest in playing with Camellia.
To sign up for an audition, contact our Personnel Manager:
Paolo Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 914-3597.
The CSO holds official auditions at the beginning and end of each season:
In the Spring (usually within a month after our last subscription concert). At this time we audition those who joined the orchestra during the season on an interim basis, in order to complete the seating process within the sections. We also audition individuals who are interested in open Principal positions – if there are any open Principal positions at this time.
In the Fall (usually less than one week before our first rehearsal for the first subscription concert). At this time we audition any musicians who wish to join the orchestra (if there are open positions) and anyone interested in auditioning for a sub-list/auxiliary position. In unusual cases we will audition for a Principal chair at this time – if there are any open Principal positions at this time.